grouptherapy-1240-450

 Collaborative Care was originally founded in 1995 by owner Sharon Katz. The practice was established to address the psychological aspects of mental illness and disability. The focus has always incorporated an evidence-based approach, assessing the whole person, as well as bringing alternative coping skills into the management of illness and disability, in addition to traditional psychiatry.​

In 2002, the practice relocated to what is now the primary location in Abington. Positioned across the street from Abington Memorial Hospital, Collaborative Care occupies a converted old house.

Collaborative Care expanded to Willow Grove in September of 2013. This office was chosen in an effort to support the integrative program we established with North Willow Grove Family Medicine. This program has been building momentum for the past three years. Its success has led to the establishment of similar relationships with other physicians' offices in the surrounding area.​

In 2015, Collaborative Care completed a redesign and relocation project of our Bala Cynwyd office. The new Pagoda Building location is adjacent to the old 555 Building on Presidential Blvd. in Bala Cynwyd. The beautiful architecture of the building resembles a Japanese pagoda, surrounded by a tranquil Japanese garden. The location creates and represents the peaceful ambience that we strive to bring to our clients.